Saturday, August 14, 2010

Gallant and Gaunt, Their Beauty

Look deep, deep into the eyes of my people:

Caged eyes,
Peering out through the bars of their sanitized,
steel-white cribs.

Do not try to evade their entrancing gaze
for it will not release you.

Look deep, deep into the eyes of my people.
Look deep, deep into the faces of my people:

Ageless but worn faces, scarred beyond the years.
Tenuously connected to bodies,
twisted and bent by gravity's pull and
years of lying supine.

Do not abandon those others coldly ignore:

Look deep, deep into the eyes of my people.
Look deep, deep into the hearts of my people:

Witness their horror, Witness their pain.
Horror and pain your spoken words
will never soothe.

Do not try to explain it away,
they will never believe you.

Look deep, deep into the eyes of my people.
Look deep, deep into the souls of my people:

Feel their soft, entrancing spirit.
A spirit, which time alone will never dim.

Look deep. Deep into the eyes of my people:

Gallant and gaunt, their beauty.
Beauty, your spoken words can never capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment